Monday, October 1, 2007

Welcome

I've decided that xanga isn't quite as nice as blogger, so I've moved. No more ads for you to view while you read!!! It's late, so I'll keep it short.
William loves to have us tell him stories as we put him to bed at night.
"Mommy, want to tell me a story?"
"Sure."
"About Jesus?"
I have had to refresh my memory a few times, so I could have some new ones to tell. (A little ashamed to admit that.)
Then, "I want Daddy to tell me a story about Kahula and Quacky and Joey the Frog and Tommy the Tortoise."
Curt is carrying on the tradition of his father's style of story telling.
Since Curt has been at opera practice every night this week, I've been doing some creative story telling with the above mentioned characters. Of course there is a lot of suspense and the main characters are often being chased and in grave danger, but escape in amazing ways at the last moment. William was looking a bit worried as I told the story the other night. I asked him if it was scary.
"Yes."
"Is it too scary."
"Does Daddy tell scary stories?"
"Yes"
"Is it too scary."
"Yes"
"Should we stop telling Kahula and Quacky stories?"
"NO," emphatically.
"Do you like it scary?"
"Yes," with a little smile.
I think we all enjoy a little drama at times, and especially the kind we know always turns out fine in the end. It's the real life drama that scares us badly. We forget that it will turn out right in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!! The Kahula/Joey the Frog tradition goes on. And don't forget the dreaded "...to be continued" torture when you are in the think of suspense. Ooohhh that drove me nuts. Good job you guys!
-Sarah (I always forget my username for this -- too many accounts)

Bekah Miller said...

Sarah,
I've just learned about "to be continued..." and think I'll wait until he's a little older.
Did you see your pic at the top of the blog?